- We secured the rights to develop 102 MW of new projects, enough to power nearly 26,000 homes! The passage of the Inflation Reduction Act (the biggest climate bill in history) late last year will continue to supercharge our ability to develop new projects as states race to expand their clean energy initiatives.
- In fact, we entered six new states in 2022 and look forward to bringing community solar and storage projects to many more new states in 2023.
- To catch up with the growth in our business, we added thirty-six new members to our team over the course of 2022, across all departments. With our growing team, we look forward to surpassing our productivity in 2022 and reaching new heights.
Here are some highlights from this past quarter:
UGE has officially landed in Illinois, securing the rights to develop a 6.5MW ground-mount project, with several more on the way. Illinois is one of the states that has been working to improve its clean energy initiatives, and we look forward to connecting with more Illinoisans in 2023!
We’re hitting the ground running with projects totaling 18+MW prepared for construction this year. These projects include seven in Maine, one of which is our first brownfield development (if you don’t know what is, learn about it here) and Maine’s largest rooftop solar project to date, as well as two in Maryland that were accepted into the state’s Community Solar Pilot Program.
We were selected as a finalist for the Sunny Awards for Equitable Community Solar, which recognizes community solar projects that increase equitable access to the many benefits of community solar. Our submission highlighted our work with the Tuckahoe Housing Authority, which you can learn more about here.
We are pleased to announce that our round VI retail green bond is now available, and that the rate of return has been increased from 8% to 9%, reflecting the current interest rate environment. Learn more here!
Last but not least, want to get involved in our work? Here are a few ways:
- Earn long-term lease income by hosting a community solar project on your land, rooftop, or institution
- Participate in our latest green bond offering
- Join our team!
- Join our investor community